Frequently Asked Questions & Tips/Tricks
General Use, Tips & Instructions
- The Ice Pop Maker should be washed before & between uses, the included nylon brush works perfectly to clean out the hard to reach areas inside the individual molds.
- All parts are dishwasher safe and are BPA free made from food grade Polypropylene plastic.
- Individual molds can be removed after freezing, once frozen they slide out easier, when at room temp be sure to firmly seat the individual molds in the frame before filling.
- The wood sticks generally work better if first allowed to soak in water for at least 15 minutes prior to use.
- Do not over fill molds, allow for expansion by leaving about 1/8″ of space at the top of each mold.
- For best results; Once filled place the Ice Pop Maker in the freezer without the sticks or lid for about an hour.
- Let the ice pops freeze slightly then place the lid on top and insert the sticks. Do not insert the sticks all the way in, leave about 1-1/2″ out. Be sure to turn the mold at different angles to make sure all sticks are aligned as straight as possible to help in removing the lid once frozen.
- After the popsicles have frozen solid, run the entire mold or pop out individual molds and run under warm water long enough to loosen the ice pops. You can store individual ice pops in the mold piece themselves, zip lock bags or wrap with plastic/wax paper.
Question: What type of plastic is used – recycle number please?
Answer: Plastic #5 – Polypropylene (PP), Dishwasher safe, and it is food grade…most commonly used with baby & food products like yogurt & plastic cups.
Question: Is the product dishwasher safe?
Answer: Yes, it’s 100% Dishwasher Safe!, We test ran these through 500+ cycles on high heat heavy duty wash cycles with no problems whatsoever.
Question:How does this compare with the Norpro Ice Pop Maker?
Answer: Ours makes a slightly smaller pop only 2¼ oz compared to 3 oz, we found both kids and adults preferred the smaller size, the individual molds can be removed so no more having to pull the entire thing out of the freezer to remove just one ice pop, and our extra tough lid holds the sticks in an upright position for better fit.